Have, Inc. seeks to empower local youth by providing support and resources necessary to build self confidence, academic achievement, and positive decision making.
We accomplish these goals by collaborating with local businesses, church organizations, social groups, and charitable givers that help us fulfill our community initiatives.
Below are a list of projects we have implemented.
Mental Health Moments with Jasmine
Managing your mental health does not have to be stressful. It fact, it can be fun! Co-Founder, Jasmine Whitley is educating youth and adults on the importance of managing stress and anxiety and overcoming depression. It is her goal to remove the stigmas attached to mental illness and help families feel more comforatble having open discussion about mental health. See our Events Page for dates and times for Mental Health Moments with Jasmine.
Portraits of Purpose – Teen Support Group
Portraits of Purpose is a teen support group that focuses on conflict management, coping skills, and building self-esteem through a variety of activities. Teens explore their current views about themselves and identify more adaptive ways of dealing with teen issues. They learn to work with each other while gaining support from one another as they build confidence in who they are. Portraits of Purpose provides ways for youth to share and learn how to handle major life transitions and relationships. Through Portraits of Purpose, youth learn to manage stress, depression, and anxiety in healthier ways.
- Teaches basic life skills and provides educational resources to teens
- Promotes self-esteem and self-awareness through goal setting and fulfillment
- Teaches goal setting and provides opportunities for teens to set and reach short and long-term goals in an effort to build self-esteem through the completion of tasks
- Conducts accountability check-ins to help teens stay on track with goals and objectives
College Care Package
The HAVE Inc., Foundation is a nonprofit organization that provides resources and support to at-risk youth, college students, and low-income families. Currently, Have, Inc., in partnership with local businesses, will host a College Care Package giveaway.
Care packages will include food, hygiene, and cleaning products to help alleviate some of the financial stress of attending college. If you are a fulltime college student living on a college campus you are eligible to receive a care package.
Please contact email@example.com for more information on how a college care package can be delivered to you. Also, if you would like to donate or volunteer for any of Have, Inc.’s upcoming community service initiatives, please call 323-919-9723 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Parenting Support Group
Being a parent is hard work, but you can do it. Our parenting support group is designed to help parents balance their work life, parenting, and personal goals and ambitions. With the guidance of a licensed therapist and life coach, parents are introduced to techniques that help them manage stress and balance their daily lives.
- Provide resources to parents to develop life balance, time management skills, budgeting ands savings
- Parental resources include education and assistance with mental health management, financial literacy, life balance, goal setting, and professional development.
Reinforce vital parenting skills like patience, listening skills, and stress management
- Offer accountability check-ins to monitor the progress of short and long-term personal development goals